Re: Topband: Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs

To: g4puq@aol.com, Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs
From: wb6rse1@mac.com
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:00:40 -0700
Congratulations Peter.

I had my 160m cards checked at the Visalia DX convention last month
where ARRL officials were present. The checking was fast and efficient
but the one surprise was that on the 160m cards, the checker manually
noted on my list the time of the QSO.

In general, QSLs do not have to have either a time or signal report
noted on the card to receive DXCC credit, apparently with this
exception for 160m QSO time.

I can only guess that this is the result bogus cards submitted with
exotic Qs in broad daylight. Perhaps someone knows the history?

73 - Steve WB6RSE