Re: Topband: Beacon update

Subject: Re: Topband: Beacon update
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 18:27:17 -1000
Tree wrote:
> Thanks for the many reports.  I would say that the results are not totally
> conclusive yet - but a few stations did report hearing the 1999.5 beacon
> better than the lower frequency one.
>
> I did some tweaking of my antenna to put the best match more in the middle
> of the band - and feel that I have probably better equalized the signal
> strengths.  This has also allowed me to increase the power up to 75 watts.
> And I slowed the CW down a bit as well.
>
> When sending me a report - it would be helpful to make your QTH obvious.
>
> 73 Tree N6TR
> tree@kkn.net

At 0415z  45 mins before sunset the 1999.5 signal is louder.   As sunset
gets closer
the signals are the same,  after sunset the sigs are the same.  Appears
the difference
is before and after sunset/sunrise that freq makes some difference.  Not
enough
to read on the S meter.
And changes from day to day also it seems,  several days there was no
difference
in signals at any time.
Would take more monitoring and data collection to make a real evaluation.
QSB plays havoc also at least from this distance.
Merv KH7C