Topband: 160m Sloper on Crank-up tower

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160m Sloper on Crank-up tower
From: Michael W Elliott <kq0b@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:37:58 -0700 (PDT)
I am trying to use a 160m  sloper on a  TRI-EX  54 foot crank-up tower.

I have a L bracket affixed to the top section for the connection utilizing
PL-259.   The sloper wire is approx 143 feet long using formula of   260/1.825
mhz.   Basic operation of wire to  center conductor and  shield to tower.

Has anyone successfully gotten one of these slopers to work on a crank-up ??

Did you have to run a wire from the top section to ground ??

Impediance is 60 ohms  but can see 50 ohms at 2.000mhz

Any help would be appreciated.

"THE INSIDE ADVANTAGE"     -
RETIREMENT - LEISURE, REST and ONLY ELECTRONIC MAIL PAYMENTS
Servant to Bridgett, Collin and all my Creditors
St. Louis County Missouri