Topband: How Close is Too Close?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: How Close is Too Close?
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 05:50:54 -0700
I was looking at a 160 meter operating site which looks really
promising. The only downside for this site is that its only about 2
miles from another very active topband station. I realize the degree to
which two stations can coexist in close physical proximity is radio
dependent, but in general is 2 miles too close to operate the same 160
contest without incurring a significant handicap (clicks, phase-noise,
blocking)? The terrain is flat in this area.

Thanks,

Mike W4EF.............