Re: Topband: FW5RE and Topband

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FW5RE and Topband
From: "ha0du@dx.hu" <ha0du@dx.hu>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:46:25 -0500
Hello TopBanders,

First of all, R.I.P> Jim, VK9NS - I will always remember you.

Secondly, thank you all for the nice words about FW5RE.

The low band operator there is Laci, HA0NAR.

He is definitely doing his best to dig out call signs from the mud of noise
- and QRM.

I share the opinion of SV3RF to some extent. There are some contacts in the
160 m log, which are generating questions.

No secret that I make a complete recording of every 160 m operation for EU
- at least when I am at home. In general I can tell that almost everybody
East of the OH-SP-OM-HA-S5 line had very solid QSOs. Now there are only SIX
stations in the log West of that line. I can tell you that I heard BOTH
sides of four QSOs, and enough of the remaining two, that I can say these
contacts were good.

Whether or not these contacts were made from the "home" QTH of the licence
holders, I cannot tell. But I already received enough e-mails from DX'ers
to know that many of you are trying to get access to the best possible QTH
in your area to have a better chance.

The biggest problem I hear is that whenever FW5RE answers someone, there
are immediately other stations jump on the TX frequency of the European
station and start calling and giving reports. This is unacceptable! This is
probably how two top DXer's got to the log, but they have been removed from
it at their own request. (And by the way, this is how a few years ago my
contact in progress with TX9 had been destroyed by other EU callers - an
incident which I am not going to forgive for).

Agelos, if you have proof that fake QSO's were made, please send it to me
in private to either HA0DU@dx.hu or FW5RE@ha0du.com

73 es DX

Steve HA0DU