Topband: Clark SCAM 21 Mast on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Clark SCAM 21 Mast on 160
From: "Denis Jackson" <radio@modesgate.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:30:11 -0000
Thanks to those who responded both on and off list to this.  I'm heading out
at the weekend to take some measurements and see what can be done.  I also
had a chat with an old friend, GW3NWS last night who also gave me some good
ideas.

I should be able to get beverages out in a N/S and E/W direction subject to
negotiating with my farmer friend next door.  The N/S orientation is a track
that runs for about half a mile in pretty much a straight line so lots of
potential there.  If I could only get rin of these powerlines, all my
problems would be solved...well most of them anyway.

Looking forward to my first topband contact...30 years has been a long time
to wait.  Rest of the kit here includes K2, FT1000MP abd various amps
including 8877 for HF and GS35b for 6/2/70.

I will report progress.

73

Denis