Re: Topband: Inputs Sought: "Bad Frequencies' Op Aid

To: <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inputs Sought: "Bad Frequencies' Op Aid
From: "Thomas Damboldt" <Thomas.Damboldt@T-Online.de>
Date: 04 Jan 2009 09:33 GMT
Hi,

in 2005 I posted the following message through the topband
reflector:

"On the low end (1800 - 1820) of topband I can hear strange
signals transmitted as two beeps following each other
immediately, sounding like second beeps, but there are only 56
beeps in a minute. These signals are apparently transmitted
synchronuously on many frequencies, separated by about 822 Hz
with the maximum around 1812 kHz. They are only audible in the
evening and at night, so probably real propagating HF signals
and not coming from the power line."

I had only one or two replies, so obviuosly the signals are
Top Secret. In the meantime I found out that they are probably
"Hyperfix" signals, a Russian and Scandinavian navigation
system. Anyway, these signals are still there most nights and
they are a real nuisance on the low end of the band.

73
Thomas, DJ5DT