Topband: Inputs Sought: "Bad Frequencies' Op Aid

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inputs Sought: "Bad Frequencies' Op Aid
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 01:52:35 -0500
I have been maintaining a "Known Bad Frequencies" op aid for a number of years,
and
periodically I attempt to get input from European and Japanese Topband
operators to revise
it.

I've placed a copy online here: http://www.k8nd.com/TopbandBadFreqs.pdf

The idea is to allow the selection of a good run frequency, free of carriers
and other
interference at the target area (Europe, Japan, etc.). "Bad Frequencies" are
marked in
red. Good frequencies in green. For example, in the USA we have broadcast
birdies on the
10 KHz intervals (1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, etc.). These are marked in red.

If you are in Europe or Japan, please take a moment to listen across the band
and make
note of frequencies with carriers or other interference that we should avoid,
and email me
with your list offline. I'll combine reports and update my op aid.

HNY and 73,   Jeff  K8ND