Topband: City Lots

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Topband: City Lots
From: doktorij@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:50:00 +0000
Jim,

Nahhh, NLI is easy ;o)

Try LAX on the top band. Wasn't so bad when Earl K6SE was still alive and
active, but not so "easy" any more...

Maybe we could talk some of the "population" into moving to say NNY or ND? ;o)
No worries about city lots there.

Something else I recall seeing at Dayton, a more expensive option, but maybe
worth looking at if one is serious, was pool grounds. This stuff is bonded
heavy gauge copper wire in a grid and comes in rolls (five foot wide by 50'
long I think). It should look like a "solid" copper sheet to RF on 160, 80 and
40. You may have seen something similar in your work. This is meant to be
buried and last in the ground. I believe it is for meant to be for lightning
protection.

As you say, anyone should look at it, operating on 160 from a 1/4 acre or less,
is a serious challenge.

73,
Julius
n2wn