Topband: XMAS Eve Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: XMAS Eve Boring Report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 07:11:51 -0800
Not too much to report during the past few days.  Conditions have been
rather poor.  Also, we have had some ice and snow here - and my main
receive antennas are under two feet of ice/snow.  I am hoping things
will thaw before the Stew Perry contest so I can fix them.  We are
expecting possibly another foot of snow during the next 24 hours first.

This is really not typical for us.  The most I have ever seen before in
my 25 years in Portland, OR has been about six inches.

I have been on in the mornings - CQing and getting reports on the ON4KST
chat page.

Here is a recording that SM2LIY sent me - of my signal yesterday, with
OH3XR calling me (who I could not hear):

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/n6tr_at_SM2LIY_20081223.wav

This morning, RA4LW was hearing me with a 559 peak - but I was not able
to hear him.

Also - last night was the first night in a couple of weeks that I was
unable to put at least one European in the log.

Hopefully - conditions will improve during the next few days for the
Stew Perry contest.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR