Re: Topband: Contest - rig problems.

To: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Contest - rig problems.
From: "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbs@surfvi.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:41:48 -0400
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Topband: Contest - rig problems.

> The only way I can do CW now is to key the rig with the foot switch and
when
> down let up on the foot switch rig goes bk to RX.
> Strange problem indeed !
>
> Anyone heard of such a thing?

Mike if you are using a rig to computer interface and logging software I
would suggest that you get a series of snap-ons on the USB cable or run
about 6 to 8 turns on a ferrite ring.  I had a similar problems despite,
good common point grounding,  that only occured at the upper power levels.
I doesn't take much for the USB keyer port to freeze up from RFI and the USB
cable between ther computer and rig interface are a good place to start.  A
single large ferrite ring worked for me.

Good luck and NB is rare in the CQ WW 160 event...so hope you get the
problem solved.

Cheers,

herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ