Topband: Receive Problem

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Receive Problem
From: Jim Murray <adkmurray@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 11:16:21 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
This Fall I put up my first Beverage and rx loop.  Up until about two weeks ago
EU signals were coming in gangbusters using the Beverage.  Lately, it has been
a struggle hearing EU.  Presently making more contacts towards the Caribbean,
Central America and So. America,  possibly due to more active contest stations
there now?  Just visually checking the beverage all seems normal.  Beverage
runs SSW to NNE terminated at the SSW end.
What appears to have been great conditions for most a few days ago has not been
for me when it comes to EU reception.  Is it possible the propagation could
cause this conditon, or should I start checking everything?  Do antenna
problems only occur when the temps are in the teens-hi?
Regard,
Jim/k2hn