Topband: EU signals

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EU signals
From: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:25:19 -0700
For those of you in my region around MT (W7LR, N6TR, W7IUV, K7TJR, etc) who
have little problem hearing DX, I am curious as to whether the signals from EU
of the past several days have been arriving at high angles or at skewed paths.
This has been one of the few occasions when I've been able to hear EU stations.
 ES1 and OM3 have been very copyable here recently.  My situation is that
everything below a 25 degree angle to my northeast shortpath to EU is blocked
my a giant mountain.  So I am either hearing EU sigs arriving at a higher angle
than usual, or they are skewed somewhat north or east.  Are any of you able to
discern with you antenna setups which condition may have been the case recently?

Steve, KK7UV
(western MT)