Topband: Conditions to N. Cal

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions to N. Cal
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:02:38 -0800
Greetings Fellow TopBanders,

Well, this just goes to show you, even a blind squirrel finds and acorn
once in a while!

Last night I worked, not just one, but TWO, Europeans on Topband.
Normally, I can't even HEAR an EU station from San Jose, California,
much less work one, but last night I managed to hear AND work both a DL
and an LA, for two new ones on 160.  I can't imagine what it would be
like to work a dozen or more in a single evening!

This has been a great season so far, and I have managed to work FIVE
Europeans in the last 10 days. To put this into perspective, I had
worked only TWO in the last Seven Years!

This has been a great season, even for us little pistols trying to work
Topband from a small city lot!  For all of you with modest stations out
there, conditons are great and give it a go!

Seasons Greetings!

Bob/AA6VB