Re: Topband: Post Contest Boring Report

Subject: Re: Topband: Post Contest Boring Report
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 07:26:12 -1000
> It will be fun to see how deep into Europe this morning opening will
> take me as we get closer to the solstice.
>
> 73 Tree N6TR/7
> Boring, OR

Sounds great Tree, nice to hear the recordings from another part of the
world also.

Yesterday morning here in KH6 was wide open to EU ,  logged over 40 QSO,s
today would have been as good also but was limited to only 14 with QRN
crashes peaking 20 over 9.
I worked E74AW for a new one on top band, and notice that the band is
changing,  a few weeks ago it was all UA, SM, OH,  etc  now I am hearing
more DL, 9A, E7, YU, SV,  etc on the morning path.
The morning path is sure a lot more fun than the evening path at least
from this
QTH.  Mix in XW1B, 9M6, VR2, BY etc and its really interesting to hear
whats on next.  Top band has not been this exciting in my 48 years,  I
had a
lot more countries from K9 land, but it took a lot longer also.
Heard A61 calling cq in the QRN right on top of the 1818 digi signal, he
left
before my before sunrise peak so missed that one.
73 Aloha  Merv KH7C