Topband: My summer EU dxing under way...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: My summer EU dxing under way...
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:32:19 +1100
Hi All, I started my EU dxing a month early this season...Since October
8 I have logged 131 contacts up to this morning...The signals have been
marginal so far with average 55-579 received here...Quite a few days
have been spoiled with storm qrn...Some days I havn't heard anything at
all..However I am sure things will improve...Last summer I logged 667 EU
over 4 months from Nov until the end of March..

I am finding the EU DX stations better on my inverted V at present...I
usually just tx/rx with the vertical so there must be some higher angle
influence at the moment...My sunrise is at 1920Z at present and getting
earlier...Getting used to getting up an hour before sr again...Of course
with daylight saving it messes up my evening dx sessions...Getting too
old to burn the candle at both end these days...

I havn't been able to establish a pattern this season so far...I am
finding the best of the dx is coming in 15 minutes before sr until up to
30 minutes after, with signals from all parts of EU and G
land....Hopefully it will settle down into it's regular pattern soon..
I am hoping to get a contact with Thor TF4M this season...We have heard
each other but no contact as yet...I note that TF3CW was spotted a day
or so also but nothing here....

Ok I will send in a report again in a month to let you all know how DX
is going here...Meanwhile good dxing to all of the topband crew...

73....Bob VK3ZL