Re: Topband: Twisting WD-1A for Beverage use?

To: paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com,Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Twisting WD-1A for Beverage use?
From: Missouri Guy <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 00:51:39 +0000
N1BUG writes:
> I read in Low Band DXing (3rd ed.) that twisting twin lead wire used
> for Beverages is a good idea to improve balance. Is this necessary
> for close spaced twin lead such as WD-1A? If so, any suggestion on
> how to accomplish this? I have no open, level space in which to work
> with the wire. Any Beverage I put up will be running through snarly
> forest. I have been experimenting with possible methods to twist the
> wire as I run it from tree to tree, but I have not had much
> success.

Twisting helps prevent the twin lead from whipping in the wind.  It's
a old "truckers trick".

To twist, use an odd number of supports, including the ends.
Install the line without twisting and tension it.  Then go to the
first line support and twist the line by rotating.  Fasten securely.
Proceed to every other support until done.

Good DX!
Charlie, N0TT