Topband: FT1000 MKV Filters

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FT1000 MKV Filters
From: "Raoul Coetzee" <raoulc@smmcape.co.za>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:28:35 +0200
Good day ,
I have currently a 500Hz Collins filter and a 250Hz Yaesu filter installed
in the main receiver of my FT 1000 MkV. I found that I use the 250Hz filter
most of the time for weak dx on 160m, without any DSP noise reduction. I
would like to know if there would be any advantage installing the second IF
filter, centre frequency of 8.215, of also 250Hz. I do not have strong
signals close by, therefore I have also not looked at a roofing filter yet.
I know it would be nice to have during contests though! Any opinion on the
second IF filters and receiver improvement for 160m using the MKV would be
welcome.
Thanks,
 Raoul, ZS1REC