Re: Topband: Transmit/receive logisitics...

To: "'Steve Hanson'" <hanson@pioneerwireless.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Transmit/receive logisitics...
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 18:34:59 -0400
Steve,

> My Kenwood TS-830s does not have a separate receive antenna
> input. As a newcomer to 'Topband', I am wondering abt the
> logistics of switching from Xmit to Receive when using a
> separate listening antenna.

The TS-830 has the ability to do a separate receive antenna
without modification.  Look at the Transverter jack (DIN8/262) -
pin 8 comes from the T/R relay and pin 5 goes to the receiver.

Add a jumper between pins 4 and 1 to prevent the screens from
being shut off, turn on S19 (enable transverter) and build up
your antenna switching network.  A single SPDT switch can
provide Norm/RX selection or a rotary switch can be used to
allow selection of "Norm" (TX ant) or several low noise
antennas.

This brings back memories of 25 years ago <G>.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV