Topband: VS6DO, Paul Bailey announcement

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VS6DO, Paul Bailey announcement
From: Lennart Michaëlsson <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 05:45:53 +0200
Dear all Top banders,
I got this mail from Paul´s children.
I know that VS6DO was the very first Hong Kong QSO for many of us on any
band. Just like Jon AA1K described Paul had an outstanding signal on 160.
Please, send any story about Paul and his Ham adventures to his children,
either directly or via me.
Maybe some of you do have written notes or even recorded messages from VS6DO
that can be copied and transferred?
paul bailey [paulrbailey@yahoo.com

Just like many others I did have many QSO:s with Paul on 80 and upwards when
we decided trying 160 and much to my surprise Paul showed up with fine
signals. We also met in Hong Kong when I was passing on some Business trips.
At one occation I brought two fairly large external Anode tubes as
handluggage. By the stop over in Singapore I ran into Customs trouble
because these tubes were detected as suspected hand granades, not very easy
for Customs people to understand the difference.
Well, Paul got the tubes anyway.

I know that Paul had many personal friends all over the world. I trust that
many of you will spend some time assisting his kids with this wish!
Thank you in advance and 73
Len/SM7BIC
-
Dear Lennart,

On behalf of the whole family we thank you for your kind words regarding
Dad.

We remember his Ham Radio days well, in fact, my first words were CQ!  From
that day I was always called CQ by him and now I bear that nickname with
pride.

We have been overwhelmed by messages from the HAM radio community and have
noticed that there are posts about Dad on 'topband' on which you are also an
active poster.

I was wondering, could you put out a thread on behalf of VS6DO's children
asking for stories, tracks and any other bits of interesting information
that we might find interesting?  We understand Dad took part in a number of
contests...what exactly did he have to do for these contests?

Hope you don't mind!

Stephanie, Jen, Debbie, Sarah and Derek.