Re: Topband: radials under Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: radials under Beverage
From: "VE3MGY" <vy2mgy@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:49:18 -0500
>>I would appreciate people's views on running radials from the TX vertical
>> under  a RX Beverage.  I currently have no radials where the Bev is. I
>> have
>> the opportunity to put  6  80m radials down in that direction.
>>

>> (1)    Should I avoid this.
>>
>> (2)    Do it and not worry.
>>
>> (3)    Do it .. worry, and do what ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Neil G0JHC

 Neil

 Due to the topography at my QTH all six of my 500' beverages start their
 run, for about 150' or so, over my Inverted L radial system as they leave
 the house and head out into the woods. I have never seen a problem with the
 directivity or performance of either the beverages or the Inverted L.

 My choice is go with answer # (2)  Do it and not worry.

 73
 Brian
 VE3MGY