Topband: CABLE MODEMS

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: CABLE MODEMS
From: n1baa@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:14:12 -0500
COMCAST here in MASS just changed to a different combo cable
and telephone modem....and I was knocking it right off line
with the first dit on 160 as well...

Tried everything...but ended up re-positioning it about 10
feet from my operating desk (which is where it had been for
6 months with the old modem)..... and it has not happened
again.

I think the new style modems are super sensative to RF......
interesing to not...I can take my 2 year old
MODEM....install it...place it right on top of my amp...and
it runs 100%.........

New modem..........Hmmmmmmm sucks!

Jose - N1BAA