Topband: 160M Daylight QSO's - Conclusion

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160M Daylight QSO's - Conclusion
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 20:02:10 -0800
   I listened for several days in a row last week at the appointed time and on
every antenna I have for a daylight Qso. Not a peep. I think I am outside the
limits for you East coast guys. One fella and I even tried a test on 75 meters
from the East coast to Oregon with zero results. The path loss is just too
large for what is likely a double hop from the East coast area to here in
central Or.
    I am willing for a schedule for another test if someone desires.  Equipment
is TT Orion transceiver, TiTan amp at 1.5KW.  90foot TX vertical with >100
Radials and 1000 ft Beverages to the East plus other RX antennas.
   I would be quite surprised to hear anyone past a couple thousand miles or so
but I am sure willing to try again.
   Lee K7TJR Oregon