Re: Topband: [TowerTalk] 160 RX antenna

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>,topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: [TowerTalk] 160 RX antenna
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:06:55 -0500
"My vertical is over 1000 ft from any power line and is plenty noisy when
connected to a battery operated receiver at the base of the antenna."

I dream of the days when I can have anything 1000 feet from anything!

Anyway, I can't be absolutely sure the ground system is energized by
direct conducted noise from utility ground... it is possible that it's
the other way around, that the antenna is picking up strong groundwave
and noising up the common ground.

Lots of common mode impedance between the ground system and RX
antennas will help that though too.

Anyway, I feel like I was learning a lot by listening to my feedlines
with a small radio.

Dan