Topband: Conditions on West Coast Saturday morning for SP

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Conditions on West Coast Saturday morning for SP
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 08:43:57 -0800 (PST)
Conditions this morning were good.  Lots of USA stations worked
from Hawaii/Alaska to Texas.  RW0CWA was very stong,
running S8 to S9 and easily worked with 100W.  Only worked
one JA:  JA3YBK (if you only work one JA, it is probably
JA3YBK :-).  Both stations were readable way past sunrise.
We heard JA3YBK later at 1630Z S&P'ing and he was armchair copy w/o QSB on
the beverage.  RU0LL was heard but not worked.  He unfortunately was
transmitting on EXACTLY 1830.000 and was zero beat with the ever present
BCB birdie we have here.  We were lucky to be able to copy
at that frequency.  Never transmit on an exact 10 kHz multiple!

See you tonight for Act II.

Rick N6RK