Topband: 1/8 wave vertical

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 1/8 wave vertical
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:53:43 -0800 (PST)
1dB can be significant at times, but:
  An extra dB of transmit on 160 at my station will be somewheres North of five
grand...

  For improved receive I just destroyed a number of weekends since September
running 3000 feet of RG6 and pulling 2400 feet of various wires through the
woods, digging post holes, and winding transformers, etc...  Any further dB on
receive will be hard to come bye....  I am mulling over a parallel/endfire
parasitic array pointed to JA land, though... Who knows, it could happen...
The little guy inside my head keeps thinking up antenna ideas when I am trying
to sleep///

  However, for the weak guys who were calling me the other night it could be as
easy as a few dollars of aluminum fence wire and couple hours of grunt labor on
their radial system...  Or sweet talking the neighbors into letting them pull
the end of a Tee up into their tree, etc...

  Why should I be the one making ALL the effort?

denny / k8do