Re: Topband: 1/8 wave vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1/8 wave vertical
From: "Raoul Coetzee" <raoulc@smmcape.co.za>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:18:42 +0200

>  Right, and on both ends.... Last night for example -
> every time I called CQ DX on the EU array I would get a
> reply that sounded like a swarm of bees about 1dB below
> the level of copyability - just a letter here and there...
> If those fellas would put a bit of effort into their
> transmit antennas there would be lots more qso's available
> to them...

The 160m dilemma: If you can be heard but do not 'hear' well, you are deaf
and a crocodile.
But if you need the extra db on tx while trying to break the pile up for the
rare dx you need?
I think do  whatever improvements you can for Both tx and rx, but I am sure
the rx effort would bring more reward! Sadly, many of us do not have the
luxury of a good rx antenna system being limited by space.
Happy holidays, and stay the gentlemen you are, hope to S&P a few  of you
during the Stew Perry,

Best 73,

Raoul, ZS1REC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.