Topband: Correction_K9AY max size

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Correction_K9AY max size
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 05:35:24 -0800 (PST)
Gary's K9AY design usually is usually published with a total wire length of 85
feet as a compromise size. For a 160 only antenna, his "2/3" size coments
should translate to a wire length off 126.87 feet or 42.28 feet per side
maximum.

  My own K9AY is 90 feet in length and works very well on 160, 80 and 40. I
feed it with 75 ohm CATV cable using a binocular BN 73-202 core with a two turn
primary and 5 turn secondary.

  W0JX