Topband: Propagation Tuesday evening

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Propagation Tuesday evening
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:09:36 -0500
I found noteworthy conditions for the second day in a row. As is
typical for me, certain polar and near polar paths (UA0, JA SP) seem
to have been wiped out by a modest increase in geomagnetic activity
while other challenging paths have been given new life.

UK8DAN was 100% readable for over 30 minutes and peaked 579 for 10
minutes during the middle of that time. This is the best I have ever
heard Serge. I finally got him in the log after several seasons
trying. My QSO was at 2325 and the best peak came shortly
thereafter. Serge did work a few other NA.

After several weeks trying I was finally able to copy 3B8CF,
resulting in an easy QSO for a new one.

9K2MU was stronger than usual, peaking S9+ at times.

Signals from Europe were mostly average to perhaps slightly above
average at times.

73,
Paul N1BUG