Topband: TF3CW on 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: TF3CW on 160
From: "Sigurdur Jakobsson" <siggijak@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 13:05:24 +0000
Hi guys !

TF3CW is now very active on 160, CW.  I watch 160 almost daily, from around
2000Z - 0000Z, and even deep into the night and early mornings, during
weekends.

Using an Inv.L, and I am in the process of building a nev one, .where
the vertical part will be 60% of the total length. I am also building the
K9AY loop, for recieve so I can hear you guys, and at present I am waiting
for the Array Solutions control boxes.

One comment I got on DX Summit: "wax in ears"  Sorry to dissapoint, but
the one thing it can be, is: One-Way-Propagation.Sometimes I hear absolutely
nothing when listening after a CQ, and I have revert to sending NIL if I
hear nothing, and then start sending another CQ.

I have made close to 300 Q´s in the last three weeks, with 41 different
DXCC, and about 30 of the Q´s have been with US stations.

Hope to see you all on 160 this winter. My QSL manager is LX1NO.

73´s Siggi TF3CW