Topband: Propagation following X-ray increase

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Propagation following X-ray increase
From: Red Haines <redhaines@acegroup.cc>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:49:32 -0600
IPS reports a slightly higher critical frequency of the F2 layer at this
location in SE MN today and I hear slightly stronger signals from the 20
meter and 15 meter DX beacons at 1640z.  I hear nothing from the 10
meter beacons.  NOAA is not predicting D layer absorption, which would
affect 160 and 80 meter propagation.  I assume there is a normal level
of D layer absorption and that the NOAA prediction intends to predict
more absorption than is usual for daytime conditions.

Your observations on the low bands from last night and tonight will be
welcomed.

73 de WOØW