Topband: Recent Conditions.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Recent Conditions.
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:57:33 +1100
Well I m doing it tough down here in Oz land.heavy spring QRN continues
to plague me here every night making it too uncomfortable to listen for
long.There are signals coming through from the US and Pacific but I
don't feel like continuously asking QRZ to stations who although have
good signal strength,are just overwhelmed with static crashes.

We have had two months of this unsettled weather across central and East
coast Oz with almost daily thunderstorm activity up and down the VK4 and
VK2 coast.Hopefully as summer sets in the moisture may dry off a bit and
the weather will settle down making topband a little more bearable.

I have been looking at Europe every morning since November 11...To date
I have now made 123 contacts,again some mornings made difficult with QRN
especially this past few days.Signals were good this morning but had to
disappoint most callers as static was burying even S6 signals.

The only way to be successful is to BE THERE....Nobody can predict what
you will work next..

Received QSL cards from 3B7C and P29 expeditions.These were good
operations from my aspect.

Good Dxing.....Bob VK3ZL.....