Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: 160m Contest Robot Update

To: <n2ic@arrl.net>, "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: 160m Contest Robot Update
From: "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:20:10 -0400

> Jim Brown wrote:
> > Another issue I ran into with N1MM -- it's programmed to believe
> > that N8SS is N8S, last year's DXpedition. It would not allow me to
> > log it until I changed the call to N8S. I then edited to contact to
> > MI, but it still counted it as a 5-pointer and a new country. I had
> > to edit the Cabrillo file to correct the error. The Q is properly
> > logged in the Cabrillo file, but the claimed score was wrong (one
> > extra multiplier, three extra QSO points).

Either way the ARRL 160 Meter Contest gives you only 2 points for N8S
(assuming it was on)
and only a PAC Section multiplier if you did not work KH6. For such a rare
entity  as Swains, Desecheo, or Navassa to only count 2 points in a DX
contest while Mexico counts for 5 points just doesn't make any sense.  But
that is the way they wrote the rules at HQ.

Cheers,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ