Re: Topband: de n7dd

To: <PACER99@aol.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: de n7dd
From: "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:11:16 -0400

 Question: In the ARRL 160 contest is AH2 considered a separate  country?
 Thanks,
 Larry,  n7dd

Larry, I know it sounds strange whenever DX is declared not DX
excathedra......but for the purpose of the ARRL 160 meter contest AH2 is a
PAC multiplier just like KH6.  However, I am still confused on which ARRL
section KP1, KP5 and even Gitmo would be in.  I think in the 50's Cuba was
in the West Indies Section but was dropped.  This year I doubled my score
because most of the DX would work me but a few still refused.  When I called
a VP2 nearby, who was active in the contest, he repeatedly told me to "go
away." I just kept calling and he finally gave me a report. Whether or not
his logging program will put me in as a contact remains to be seen.

I think the ARRL CAC will revisit the rules. However previous remarks, when
I raised this issue years ago, stated this was a 160 meter version of
Sweepstakes. If that is the case then why did they include DX? The answer is
obvious, "DX is!"

73,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ