Re: Topband: One way propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: One way propagation
From: Carl K9LA <k9la@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:30:03 -0500
Tom W8JI said:

>I have a few mirrors or refractive pieces of irregular
>shaped metal to make a multiple hop path between two points.
>I have a LASAR to simulate the ray.
>
>Can someone tell me how to position the reflectors so the
>light only goes between the same two points in one
>direction?

Tom,

In order to make the experiment more realistic, you would have to make
sure that your refractive pieces of irregular shaped metal have varying
indices of refraction versus height all along the path. Then you would
have to immerse your refractive pieces of irregular shaped metal in a
magnetic field so that the index of refraction, the amount of
absorption, and polarization depend on the angle between the magnetic
field and the direction of the electromagnetic wave.

Now you have not only an inhomogeneous medium but also an anisotropic
medium - just like the real ionosphere.

Carl K9LA