Re: Topband: 160m stealth

To: "Topband@Contesting. Com" <topband@contesting.com>,"Howard W3CQH" <hsgorden@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m stealth
From: "sebdesn" <sebdesn@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:22:53 -0600
I have a couple of  similar 40 ft trees. I went to wally world and
bought a sling shot and a cheepo spinning reel and monofilament
line,and a lead sinker.probably less than $20.

 Shoot the mono over the tree/trees, and then pull over some dark
colored nylon line in a continous loop around the tree. Tie an eye in
the loop and attach insulated #14 stranded thhn wire. Attach said wire
to an auto tuner. (I have a sgc 230) and viola, its done.. I use an
inv "L"(abt 130 ft) with two trees, or you could use an inverted"U" if
you only have one tree.. Attach radials(I have 8 or 900 ft)  to the
ground on the tuner.It  works 10 thru 160..
73 de  Bud WOHG