Topband: New location for 160 Meters

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New location for 160 Meters
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 20:58:49 -0500
How do you determine the avg or highest wind speed and direction spec of a
location?
 10 years, 5 years?

My new location is on a one acre site, on the top of a hill approximately 250
yards from a cell phone and telephone microwave relay
tower, with surrounding land (green grass and trees) slopping downward for
approx 10 Miles on all sides and is 1217 feet above sea
level according to Google Earth's numbers.

 I am erecting a tower that I bought second hand which is (for now) 3 sections
of Rohn 25G.
So I am expecting some good results from the tower.

Especially on 160 Meters.

So the 160 Meter antenna will be tied to the side as close to the top of the
tower as possible which should end up around 40 feet
with mast and all erected. Then an old refurbished Hornet Tribander on a HamIV
rotor.

I just want to make sure I keep it Vertical. Hi Hi

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
Old calls: WB5ZQU/WY5L/KH3-KE5CTY-N5IET