Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 54, Issue 21 - HF2V

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 54, Issue 21 - HF2V
From: BILLKNN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 12:32:02 EDT

RE: HF2V

It's been a few years since I had an HF2V, but what I did was to guy it  near
the top - and had the "guys" do double duty as a top hat. I used some  strong
small gauge stranded wire that transitioned to nylon cord as I  recall. Don't
recall the length of the wire sections, maybe 10' ? I believe that  I came up
with the location and length from the Butternut literature for  the antenna.
I never had a problem with the installation and it was up for  several years.
It DID get struck by lightning but I only had to replace the door  knobs, the
braided shorting strap on one coil and the gas-discharge element from  the
"surge/lightning protector" I had in the feedline and it was back on the  air.

Bill,
KD5XN