Topband: HF2V Sections and Guying

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: HF2V Sections and Guying
From: n2ouv@optonline.net
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:19:52 +0000 (GMT)
Hello to the list,
I have a question about my old HF2V relating to integrity of the joined
sections and guying this antenna.
Recently I've had some gusty winds and rain at the QTH and noticed my HF2v
swaying in an odd manner as if a section was loose. Taking it down I noticed
the section above where its guyed has developed some play where it is joined to
the section above it. I am wondering if anyone has seen this and can offer any
suggestions to tighten the sections up. Honestly I'm not crazy about the slip
fit and single screw holding section together.

Also I need a bit of insight on guying this antenna. Right now it is guyed with
dacron at 2/3 up, so in the wind below the guys is stable and above moves with
wind.
Is guying above 2/3 the length recommended? Will guying it higher it detract
from the antennas performance? I hear folks mentioning 2/3 as does butternut.

Thanks in advance,
73,
Joe