Re: Topband: Moon and the Ionosphere : YO3FFF

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>, Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: Topband: Moon and the Ionosphere : YO3FFF
From: cris blak <cyo3fff@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:20:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Tom,

Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com> wrote: How could we record the signal level,
anyone know

As I described in a previous e-mail, one can use a known signal generator
trough a coupler mixing it with the beacon's signal from the antenna. Together
with a 1Hz filter for each carrier one can have a good approximation of the
measured signal (of the beacon). The signal coming from the demodulator will be
measured with a voltmeter or by PC's soundblaster. All stages should work
linearly without any compression.

For the "noise theory", please refer to my previous e-mail.

73 de YO3FFF
Cristi