Re: Topband: finding buried radials

To: BruceAA5B@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: finding buried radials
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:04:38 EDT

In a message dated 3/16/2007 8:55:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
BruceAA5B@aol.com writes:

I put  down a bunch of radials before planting grass at the new house two
years  ago.
Good news: They're now invisible.
Bad news: They're now  invisible.
I need to put in a lot of trees this Spring, and don't want to  accidentally
cut the wires while digging. What's the best way to locate  them? Cheap metal
detector? One of the electricians' wire finders?  Others?

Try prayer .. Ive found the best way to locate these types of radials is to
do lawn work while hoping to avoid them. If that doesn't work, hire a
landscaper  and tell them to watch for the buried wires and don't disturb them
-
you'll find  them soon thereafter.