Topband: End-Fire Phased BOG,s ?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: End-Fire Phased BOG,s ?
From: "Bill McNeil" <n4ji@firstva.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:07:42 -0500
   Has anyone attempted to use Endfire Phased-Staggered BOG,s to increase the
DMF of a single BOG?  Will this work?
I am thinking of constructing one with each BOG at about 80 to 100 meters in
length, stagger distance of 20 meters,  and a separation of 5 meters. It would
be crossfire phased  (see Fig 7-114 and Table 7-40 in ON4UN  4th Ed Low Band
DXing).
   I understand the output would be 10-15dB down from an elevated Bev --- but
outside of that -- are there any other problems that I am not seeing ?
  Its quite cold here in Virginia - so its time to work and freeze with a new
ant project  :< )
Your input is appreciated

73 Bill   N4JI