Re: Topband: How do you count the turns on a binocular core?

To: Petr Ouředník <indians@seznam.cz>
Subject: Re: Topband: How do you count the turns on a binocular core?
From: Kenneth Grimm <kgrimm@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:08:30 -0500

Petr Ouředník wrote:
> Guys,
>
> believe to Tom, W8JI that only "pass and olny pass through" is one turn ! Its
> easy to remember and always correct for winding cores. In case of binocular
> again is considered once through and once back, unless the two holes are used
> independently instead of for a common winding as Tom said.
> Forget an other ways and You will have no any more troubles with winding the
> cores...
>
> best regards,
>
> Petr OK1RP

Hi Petr,
Yes, that is how I have been winding binocular 9:1 and 16:1 transformers
for my beverages and pennants.  I brought this up because of an
inconsistency in John's book.  I've written to him about this and will
share his comments with the reflector when he replies.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr