Re: Topband: Stew Perry TBDC changes being considered

To: <eric@k3na.org>, "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry TBDC changes being considered
From: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:13:13 -0700
From: "Eric Scace K3NA" <eric@k3na.org>

>   I am less concerned about October vs any other month.  The first
> weekend after January 2nd would be fine, for example.
>
> -- Eric K3NA

I rather like Tree's suggestion of another "bowl" of Stew.  The contest as
is, is only a one night affair.  To offset most of the comments I have read,
and to follow the lead of one astute commenter, I suggest the following.

1st of December = ARRL 160
End of December  = Traditional Stew (one night only)
End of January = CQ 160 CW
End of February = CQ 160 SSB
3rd weekend of March = Equinox Stew (one night only)

This would put the contest at the equinox as desired.  There is nice one
month spacing between each of these FB Topband contests.  It appears to not
conflict with any other major night time contests.  It would be a fitting
ending to each Topband season in the Northern Hemisphere.

Mis dos centavos, de Milt, N5IA