Re: Topband: Stew Perry TBDC changes being considered

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry TBDC changes being considered
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:14:19 +1300
I understand the wish to try and take advantage of better prop away from
the solstice, but please don't integrate the events in such a way that
participants HAVE to be on for both to stand any chance.  All in all I
am in favour of keeping things as they are.  As it is, the contest is at
a time when most folks are on holiday, so missing a night's sleep is not
an issue.  I would probably not be able to take part in an October
event, as the bulk of the test falls on a Sunday night/Monday morning ZL
time.  If you were to move it one day forward, that would be different.

If there has to be a change, my personal preference would be to try for
something in late March or early April, as that seems to be the best
time for ZL-Eu propagation, but that's a purely selfish point of view!

73, Greg