Topband: Inductively Loaded Dipole vs. Inverted U dipole

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Inductively Loaded Dipole vs. Inverted U dipole
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 00:45:40 EST
drop vertically to ground.  I know the loading coils may cause  some losses and
my stealthy wires can only support some modest sized  inductors.  I also know
that the high voltage ends of an inverted  U antenna are likely to cause losses
when close to the ground.

Has anyone used a short inductively loaded dipole and/or an inverted U who
can shed some light on the relative virtues and pitfalls of each antenna?

Thanks,  Paul, K5AF