Topband: Distance From Tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Distance From Tower
From: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:43:47 -0500
"how close to an existing 60 foot tower could the vertical component be placed
without serious interaction?"

Jerry, I use this antenna with almost the same vertical length. It runs about
18" from the tower at the top and 4-5' away at the bottom. I have no
interaction of which I am aware.

"For the horizontal "T" component, which would be better as concerns
interaction.... arrange the "T" broadside to the tower?  Or have one end of the
"T" pointing at the tower?"

Mine is set up as a dipole for 80 meters fed with open wire line so it is
balanced on both sides of the "Tee" Additionally, I noticed a tremendous
improvement in the performance of the antenna when I included 7 elevated 1/4
wave radials which zig zag all over my small city lot.

Bill AD8P