Topband: 160 Optimized Receiver Circuit?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 Optimized Receiver Circuit?
From: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:41:39 +0800
If you were to build a receiver optimized for
160 (500-1800 AM BC would be nice as well)
what design features would you use?

The receiver would be battery powered (90VDC
or less, 12VDC preferred) and active components
would be transistors and/or low-voltage miniature
and subminiature tubes.

I am simplifying my operating station so I may
make time to learn circuit design and construction
from commonly available devices.

A matching transmitter will follow the completion
of the receiver.

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E