Re: Topband: XF4DL in EU on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: XF4DL in EU on 160
From: "LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad" <la5he@otterstad.dk>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:07:07 +0200
Hi reflectees !
The XF4-gang ran a great show on 160 this morning. They did very well and
worked many EU stations. Especially helpful was the decision for a wide
split. The band was unusable 3kcs up and down from the calling frequency and
receivers were challenged.
It reminds me of the time when FO0AAA was on 160. Similar latitude and
bearing from EU. The XF4 became a solid copy here about 25 min b4 local
sunrise. I hope they can work all the "deserving" on topband.  good DX
everybody  de wolf  df2py

It must be a different world down in Germany !  hi

Today 160 was virtually dead herewhen I came on the band. Perhaps it was too
late ?
 While xf4dl was ok even in daylight on 80 yesterday today did not produce
any signals at all.

It must be nice to live far enough away from the aurora-belt !  hi

73

Rag  LA5HE