Re: Topband: Radials Again

To: "'sebdesn'" <sebdesn@comcast.net>,"'TopBand List'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials Again
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 06:18:20 -0500

http://members.cox.net/w5uc/

-----Original Message-----
From: topband-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:topband-bounces@contesting.com]
On Behalf Of sebdesn
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:56 PM
To: TopBand List

I have not seen any comments about ground screens...I have been using
a screen of chicken wire around the base of my antenna for several
years...The only emperical data on said screen was an article that was
in Ham radio mag back in the 70's by Rob Sherwood...

73 de  Bud WOHG

Bud, I have the same thing.  I have a 4 foot square area of so called
hardware cloth (1/4" openings) around the base of my tower. It is galvanized
metal material, and it's the easiest, quickest, method to get a ground
screen at the base of the tower. I don't know if it helps, but it's so easy
that I can't take the chance that it doesn't.

73,
Mike, W5UC